- A completed ‘Upload Take On Form’ is mandatory before any upload will be done.
- The ‘Upload Take On Form’ must be completed within 48 hours of the first upload date to secure the job and ensure that File Transfer Africa has the capacity to carry out the work.
- File Transfer Africa reserves the right to decline an upload; possible reasons may include, but are not limited to:
- Double bookings.
- Scheduled maintenance.
- Illegal content that violates South African and / or International laws.
- File Transfer Africa cannot take responsibility for the integrity of the data which is provided; an exact copy of the data we are provided with will be uploaded.
- File Transfer Africa cannot be held liable for the content of the data provided by the client.
- Billing will be on an actual consumption basis and the price on the take on form is purely an estimate.
- Billing will be based on data volume that is reported on the USB disk delivered to File Transfer Africa during an upload.
- Upload times are between 07h00 and 22h00 from Monday to Sunday.
- There will be no uploads outside of the above times unless otherwise arranged with FTA in advanced. FTA reserves the right to charge a discretionary fee per upload outside of these times, which will be determined per job and billed over and above all other costs.
- File Transfer Africa assumes there will be one upload per day per job, for jobs spanning multiple days. Additional daily uploads may incur added costs.
- Jobs that are less than 200GB in total and span more than 7 upload days will be billed an additional R 500 per upload day in addition to any data, setup and after hour costs for the job.
- Data for uploads must be delivered to the File Transfer Africa offices in Claremont Cape Town on a USB (USB 3.0 preferred) external hard-drive or flash disk unless otherwise arranged.
- Lacie hard drives are not supported.
- File Transfer Africa reserves the right to charge the full setup fee for cancellations within 24 hours of the planned start date and time.
- FTA will not be responsible for hard drives left in the combination safe without prior arrangement.
- There is a fair use policy around downloading of files hosted on the File Transfer Africa Amazon S3 cloud storage; as a guideline files should only be downloaded twice; additional costs may apply if this is exceeded.
- Files hosted on the File Transfer Africa Amazon S3 cloud storage will be available for download for 10 days from date of upload; longer retention duration can be arranged at an additional cost if required.
- File Transfer Africa recommends that downloads are performed via a physical cable and NOT via a WiFi connection. Wireless network cards and the access points they connect via, cannot achieve reliable high speed downloads.
- File Transfer Africa recommends that only 1 download per location is triggered. This will ensure the highest possible download speed via that location’s Internet link.
- Payments made from bank accounts outside of South Africa in any other currency other than South African Rands, will attract a 10% surcharge to cover bank clearance fees and currency exchange rate differences.
- All invoices are payable within 30 days of the invoice date.